Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stitching Update

Hi all,
this has been a time of highs and lows for me stitching wise.  I've finished 3 months of Raise the Roof Design's "Crabby All Year" (July, August and September respectively).





July













August









September

These are the highs.  They are relatively easy and I can't believe this SAL is almost finished.  Only three more months to go.

Now for the lows.  I eagerly awaited and started Little House Needleworks "Around the World in 80 Days".  There were a few errors I picked up on this chart on the website and noted them.  I stitched and got so far - (see picture)


The grassy area on the right underneath the right house is supposed to be a light green (per the chart picture).  It calls for Crescent Colors "Desert Mesquite" and that just did not turn out a light green.  Believe me if the stitched piece looked like the picture, I wouldn't frog as I have decided to do.  However, the stitched piece it's hard to see the flowers and the people so frogging agony here I come.  I'll have to try to find some light green that would closely match the picture.  I am so disappointed.  :(

Thanks for stopping by and bearing with me as I whine.  
Cathryn

4 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwww lovely stitching..
both are on my to do list too..
your projects are so cute..
happy stitching xx

Scattered Threads said...

Oh my Cathryn. That looks to be a LOT of frogging. My heart aches for you. I was stitching earlier today and finally had to put it down because I was doing some frogging too.
On to your highs...your Raise the Roof progress looks wonderful. It is going to be a really beautiful piece. Do you have any idea as to how you will finish it?
TFS stopping by my blog dear as I appreciate it very much.
Also, thanks for the newsletter with the freebie bus. I have it in my to do basket to stitch it for my youngest DD for Christmas.

Thanks again for your kind comment.

Always,
Jackie:))

Meari said...

Nice progress on your stitching, Cathryn.

Jo said...

lovely stitching Cathryn. Love the SAL it looks like it was fun to do.