Translate

Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1, 2009

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Friday was my last day at work. I am now retired. No matter how bad the finances, I can no longer work because my health just won't allow it. So I will adjust. Thank God I stored away cross stitch like a squirrel storing nuts. I knew this day would come when I could no longer afford it. I am so glad I stored for this "winter" of my life. :) Cross Stitch makes me sane and nurtures my creative spirit and I just could not do without it.

I am finishing up with my SanMan Originals SAL #1 12 Days of Christmas. I will request #2 and begin that. I am happy about it because it will all be worked on an afghan and it is so soothing to work with.

Today when I woke up at 7, it was the best I have ever felt in the morning for a very long time. I have no idea why, nor do I want to question it. I am just very greatful for this feeling of being well-rested.

Well, I am off to stitch and plan my day. Be good to yourselves. You are the pitcher that must be filled so that you may pour others a drink.

God bless.
Love,
Cathryn

2 comments:

omashee aka Barb said...

Cathryn, Congratulations on your retirement! It'll be an adjustment but savor it! I miss the structure (not) but never been happier dispite my health.
Blessings, Barb

Cynimin said...

Oh I envy you being able to stay home and not have to deal with a commute and bosses. That is mmy dream, to be able to stay home and stitch all day/