Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3, 2009

The laundry is done, my shower is taken. I'm sitting here while watching it snowing... snowing... snowing... I think we are supposed to get 3-4 more inches on top of the already foot of snow. (All right my Michigan friends... I can just hear you saying... 'that's nothing!') I feel so sorry for the rest of Kentucky who still don't have electricity, still can't get to their homes, still coping with icy cleanup. Prayers go out to them.

Yet... I can't help but be relieved that I don't have to travel 50 miles to work and 50 miles home again. Always struggling getting to and from work - no more!!! Sigh... back to my coffee and planning my day.

The new SanMan SAL chart presents me with a problem/challenge. It's large. I think it will have to go in the center of the afghan which throws off my pattern. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

I'm also knitting my own invention of the "Calendar Scarf." I saw it on the internet, but they no longer are giving out the free pattern. So I also saw a Knitting Calendar. I got that and there is a different stitch for every day. So I choose one and add it to my scarf until I think it's long enough. This will be so pretty when it's completed. Probably when I run out of yarn. I only have 4 skeins of this beautiful aqua suede yarn. It's so soft!!!

Wolfgang (my cat) is peacefully sleeping on the end of the bed and I must print out the San Man chart so I can begin to work on it.

I just got a call from my "old" office. The knot in my stomach immediately began. They can't find the monthly paycheck list and yet I KNOW I filed it. I can't help what happened after I left. Even my student said she saw it, but it's not there now.

I hope and pray you are all safe and warm.
Love,
Cathryn

No comments: